Wednesday, July 17, 2013

You know what sucks?

When your husband resets the laptop that has ALL your school work (homework/papers/lessonplans) from the last 3 semesters on it and the copies of our tax returns from last year.....and nothing was backed up. I had a lot more to say about this a few days ago right after it happened, but I'm not as mad anymore and have cooled off. I can get really mad and be really mean and my mouth just goes off. "Quick to anger," is the term I believe. Which just reminds me how imperfect I am. I have not mastered myself and could not control my feelings of rage lol. Seriously though I need to work on that because he's not the only one who makes mistakes (although that was a BIG mistake) and I wouldn't want him to treat me the way I treated him when the whole thing happened. Self mastery....something I need to work on and also choosing my words better. I should not repeatedly be telling my husband how stupid he is just because I'm thinking in the moment and what he DID might have been stupid, but he....he is NOT stupid...far from stupid actually, I think he's actually very smart. He knows a lot of things. And honestly who hasn't DONE a stupid thing once or twice or 2000 times in their life? People make mistakes, it doesn't mean they are stupid. I know words can hurt feelings and next time I need to remind myself to just shut up because it can't be taken back.
Need to work on THIS.

1 comment: