Saturday, July 20, 2013

Closer.

We are so close to having this baby! I had a doctors appointment on Thursday and we found out I'm dilated to 3 cm and my doctor said she wouldn't be surprised if I naturally went into labor within the week. It's a good thing too because the last 2 weeks have been the hardest for me with getting really uncomfortable and not liking being pregnant at all. I just feel so heavy all the time too. I'm ready to shed some weight! I even had a dream the other night where my belly was so stretched out (which is exactly how it feels lately) that the top part just kind of came off and fell away. Then my baby was just hanging out of my belly with his arms out just chillin like a kangaroo. And I was walking around like a momma kangaroo carrying her baby in a pouch. But I was really freaking out in my dream, also because my baby looked like an alien. Pregnancy dreams.......I can do without those.

I started school again this past week. I'm so lucky to only have one class this term and it happens to be an elementary art methods class that is pretty easy. So it's really a blessing to be able to not have to worry too much about school and grades while trying to adjust to having a new baby. I think it will still be challenging, but it could be a lot worse if I had to take more or harder classes so I feel pretty good about being able to finish this summer semester. AJ wants me to go into labor....like NOW, but practical me wants him to wait until after class on thursday night so that I can have him over the weekend and be back to class the following week without having to miss out on class or anything. I'm a nerd and I just hate missing class. It makes me feel like I missed out on something and won't be able to catch up! Realist me knows I can't pick and choose when he will actually come so I'm trying to just not think about how birth will affect school and whatever happens happens. haha. We are still the worst soon to be parents and aren't prepared as much as we should be. I haven't even packed a hospital bag yet! At least I can claim I'm true to myself and a procrastinator till the end....until I kick myself in the butt and get mad that I have nothing to wear in the hospital or that my baby has to go home naked...haha but that won't happen, I promise to pack a hospital bag tonight when we go back to Laie. (Were in Pearl City...as usual, which is part of the reason we aren't prepared, it's hard to get ready when you're living in two places and half your stuff is one place and the rest at the other.)

Here's my 39 weeks pic. Next time you hear from me I'll probably have a baby!
My face says it all. Who's done being pregnant?....ME!



1 comment: