Saturday, December 17, 2011

Goals

I've never been big on resolutions. I actually don't think I even really made any specific ones for this year. I do get excited for a new year and new possibilities but I've just never thought it important to write down specific things I want to change or improve on. BUT towards the end of last summer I did make a small goal list (I think mostly I did it cuz I was bored and had an abundance of craft supplies in my room) out of colorful construction paper and I pinned it up under my calendar and two little temple pictures, right next to my bed. I saw it everyday and every once in a while read it just cuz it was there. After reviewing my goals from then to now I think I am officially a "goal-list" person because everything I wrote down had happened! And it feels damn good to know that the things I'd expected of myself, I'd got done.

Graduate from WCC with my associates in liberal arts. - DONE.
Get into BYU-H to do elementary education. - DONE.
Pay 100% tithing. - DONE.
Read scriptures. - DONE.
Pray Pray Pray. - DONE.

The last two I count as being done, but not finished! Also I mean it obviously wasn't an everyday thing because life gets crazy and I forget BUT it was definitely increased from what I had been doing before, which sadly was next to nothing. The outcome of these two goals being increased in my life though has been gaining a greater testimony and increasing my spirituality. So since it almost new years I've decided to write up some more GOALS...not resolutions...idk I just don't like that word. Hopefully I can make another colorful goal list and hang it in my room as a reminder since it worked so well last time! So here it is:

- Finish school! (I'm on that freaking 10 year plan and I'm not giving up)
- Save money. Do more SALE shopping. 
- Read Scriptures.
- Pray! Pray! Pray!!
- Bare my testimony (I have NEVER bore my testimony in fast and testimony meeting EVER. I get so nervous and chicken out every time. not this year....maybe this sunday since it will be the 1st! yikes!)
- Wear and buy more color. I have so many black, gray, white, tan, and MORE black clothes. It's time to introduce color back into my life.
- Get involved in more service big or small.
- RUN more.....like A LOT more.
- Embrace change.


That's all for now. I'll leave space on my goal list so I can add onto it as I go along through life! 2011 was a great year for me...honestly I think I deserved it because the past 2 years before that I was pretty miserable and not in a good place. At the end of 2010 I was so happy it was ending and was determined to make 2011 better than 2010 and I definitely did. 2011 was all about getting back on track for me. 2012 I think will be about change. I've never been good with changes, I HATE IT. BUT as long as I've been alive for I've come to the realization that THINGS CHANGE whether we want them to or not so this next year I am going to try to embrace change more instead of dread it, try to see it in a positive light, and roll right with it instead of being afraid of it. I am so excited to see what 2012 has in store for me! Happy New Years everyone :)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Goals!! I too am wanting to make some major changes for myself and my little family. Scared but excited! Just look at it in a positive light, like you said, and you'll enjoy whatever comes your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gooooo Jenn! You go girl! Get get get it girl! (although I'm saying these things almost like how a blk girl would (in my head) I'm by no means being insincere) Wishing you the best year yet! Love you!

    p.s. I would love to hear you bear your testimony! lmk if there's a sunday at byu when you do it. I would definitely come out from hiding, even if you are only up there for a minute!

    p.s.s Nainoa and I are cheering you on to finish school! Let us follow in Sanoe's footsteps! We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha i love ur goals, they remind me of mine, although you actually accomplished yours lol mines just rolled over to this year's one haha. you know what? I am TERRIBLE with change! I don't embrace it, and I do everything to hold onto things or make things NOT change. and one of my biggest goals this year is to change things! whew! and don't worry about the 10-year school plan, it's smarter to stay in school and make money off of it from pell grants and scholarships while you can. Real-world jobs and money are over-rated (I think).

    ReplyDelete