Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Top Secret Tuesdays

Last weekend AJ told me not to plan anything on Tuesday because he had a surprise for me and that we were going on a super red hot date. So Tuesday came yesterday and I was kind of curious, but didn't really have any super high expectations...I really thought we were just doing the usual dinner and a movie routine just on a weekday instead of the weekend (not that there's anything wrong with that routine because I actually really enjoy eating and love movies, so that's an automatic good time, every time). About the time I decide to go upstairs and start getting ready I hear someone upstairs. I assumed it was my sister, but when I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw a sneaky guy walking out of my room. He then handed me an orange paper with the words "Hint #1" written on the front of it. Well "Hint #1" lead me to 4 other hints and this little scavenger hunt ended with a little love letter and some money to spend on whatever I felt like spoiling myself with just because he felt like giving it to me. I was smiling like a dork just after reading the letter. Then there was another couple papers folded up with it and I didn't know what it was and thought maybe he wrote two letters or something. So I opened it up and it's tickets to the ZIGGY MARLEY show at the Depot!!! I flew myself downstairs and jumped on him to give him the very deserved hug and kisses. He told me he had more hints to hide and stuff, but that I caught him too soon so he got his bag and pulled out two things: deodorant and nail polish remover. Weird right? haha not to me! Just that weekend before as we were driving home one night I said out loud that I needed those two things. I didn't even realize that he had mentally acknowledged it. What a thoughtful guy right?! He told me we were gonna go to Gateway mall and go shopping, have dinner, then go to the concert.
The HINTS. 1 led me to the front porch. 2 led me to the toilet (lol nevermind) 3. led me to my pillow and 4. led me to my dresser drawer and the letter, tickets, and money. :)

We headed to the mall and the whole way there I was feeling so excited. I told him how surprised I was. Who knew he had that in him! haha not me! LOL At the mall he said whatever I wanted was mine...............WHAT?! K really I felt bad about letting him buy me things because I know I don't need them, but he practically made me. Even things I wanted, but wanted to put back he took from me and just bought them. I felt so spoiled and special and undeserving all at the same time. It was the first time anyones ever done anything like that for me. Sooo shopping! First stop was Urban Outfitters. Second stop was Forever21. Last stop was Express.

Urban Outfitters. I tried this dress on and I loved it! This is the only thing I got from there because I thought everything in there was too expensive and I hate spending that much on clothes.
At Forever21 I thought this dress was cute, I tried it on with tights and just really liked it. I also got a grandma looking sweater that's a little bit ugly, but that's my style lol.
In Express we got this cardigan in grey AND tan, another sweater, and a cute flowy tank top. 

I have to say I felt really bad about spending AJ's money like that. I mean duh I'm a girl and don't all girls love to go shopping? But I feel bad about it when it's not my money I'm blowing and when I feel like that money could be used for something better or more important. Most the time I was walking around with an unsure worried face like I was doing something I shouldn't. I kept asking him like "are you suuuure you want to spend your money on me?" and at one point he even said "I thought you'd be happier..." He just kept telling me to get whatever I wanted and not worry. I think he was kind of disappointed that I didn't want to just go wild and blow all his doe. I was happy though and I've never had anyone do anything like this for me before. I just felt so special. He put so much plan and thought into it from the cute little scavenger hunt and the heartfelt letter all the way to the concert. I loved every single minute of everything we did together.

After shopping it was off to dinner at the Olive Garden. YUM. OG never disappoints.
My super red hott date :)
As I was telling the waiter I wanted water AJ puts his hand up to stop me and says "Can I get two waters and a vanilla italian soda for the lady? Thank you." LOL after the waiter walked away he turns to me excitedly smiling and says "I always wanted to do that....and I just did it!" hahahahaha man what a dork.  He freaking cracks me up! 

Then off to see Ziggy! I love reggae/island music. It NEVER gets old, for real that is why I like it. Pop and rap and all that trendy crap is cool to listen to for a little while, but then it gets played out and I get sick of hearing it...it gets OLD. Reggae never does and that's why I love it. You can listen to the same reggae music you listened to 10 years ago and it's STILL good. But needless to say the concert was the shiz. That was my first time seeing Ziggy Marley live and he was so good! I didn't get any pictures cuz I hate trying to get good pictures at concerts and wasting time worrying about taking pictures instead of just enjoying the music. So me and Aj just danced the whole time and took a picture after :).  But WHOA to all the pot heads burning right there in the crowd the whole time. It smelled like straight weed the whole night lol. Security at the Depot needs to get that under control for all us non stoners out there.
After the concert.

The stage.
FORWARD TO LOVE. ZIGGY MARLEY. AJ even bought me a tshirt after the concert! Don't worry bout my hash looking face either k...its 2:30am and i'm an insomniac! lol
On the way home I was buzzing off the good vibes and reliving the whole night in my head and thinking about how so so SO lucky I am to have someone like AJ as my boyfriend. It made me think about how that whole thing with the fall of adam and how if you never knew evil you'd never know good. Same with not knowing true happiness without sadness. And I think in a lot of people's lives it takes having a really (excuse my language) shitty relationship to realize what a really good one is like. And I've had my fair share of dating losers....just look at the past two years of my life wasted on the biggest A-hole. I can honestly say AJ treats me the best I've ever been treated. He makes me happy al the time not just some of the time. I don't have to search to find the goodness in him, and I'm not the only one who sees it. On the way home I told AJ that I wouldn't even want to look at dating anyone else because he's so good to me so there would be no point. And it has nothing to do with how much he spends on me. Really this is the first time he's ever done anything big like this and it felt a little too extravagant for me...I'm sure his bank account will take a nice looooong while to recover from this date night before we can even think about doing this again. I would have been happy if our red hot date night ended up being a frozen pizza and a redbox, but I'm grateful and very appreciative of my thoughtful caring hot loving boyfriend who planned such an awesome spontaneous random date for no reason at all except that he loves me....and I LOVE HIM!

5 comments:

  1. awwww, I looooved this. so cute, good job AJ (: u 2 r so cute! nd i totally agree about your part about Reggae. Loved the part about the fall of Adam too. Thanks for sharing! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly jenn! im so excited and happy for you. major points to your sweetheart. he's definitely a keeper! so funny how we imagine being spoiled someday then it finally happens and we dont want to spend their money. lol. i was seriously laughing so loud reading the part about him ordering your guys drinks. Ah... I think i love Aj for making you so happy! give him a high five from me. love you jenny penny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I.AM.JEALOUS. That is such a cute date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, I'm so happy for you! Dating is such a fun part of your life. And props to your man and his date!

    ReplyDelete