Tuesday, May 8, 2012

This is happening.

This week has been filled with wedding thoughts and plans...and it's only Tuesday night. It's been a  productive weekend and start of the week though. Last Friday my YOUNGER sister, Mele, graduated from Utah State with her masters in social work. I am so proud of her for always staying in and working hard at her schooling. I envy her brains. We celebrated the occasion with a feast afterwards at Tucanos at Gateway mall in SLC. It was delicious and a good day filled with family love.

Needless to say, she smelled yummy.
Family is everything.
Aunties and Cousins supporting Mele. Also the lovely ladies responsible for all the leis!
He keeps me smiling.
Saturday me and Aj and our parents got together for lunch at Rodizio Grill, so they could meet for the first time and discuss some wedding things. It was a nice lunch and it was nice to hear both of our parents voice their happiness over our decision to be married...for time and all eternity. I'm so blessed to have the parents I have and to be marrying into another family who has parents as loving as my own.

Monday we found the venue for our reception. We were lucky enough to call in the day of and be informed that the 25th of august was open, so we scheduled an appointment to check it out the same day. I already had seen the pics online and knew I would love it. My mom, Melissa, Aj and me all went to This is the Place Heritage Park and we all liked it. So we booked it, just like that! The only place we actually physically looked at and I knew we didn't need to look anywhere else. Plus the lady told us we were pretty lucky cuz it was the only saturday in August that hadn't been booked yet. We just knew it was meant to be.
inside.
This is the Place!...literally this is the place where Brigham Young said, "This is the place."
Today I went in to get my dress fitted. We are finally feeling like things are starting to fall into place and like we can really start knocking things off our wedding "to-do" list. With every passing day I'm getting more and more excited about this whole marriage business :)
And I threw this pic in obviously because I just adore my niece. This is what she does when you ask her where her belly is. So dang cute!

3 comments:

  1. Jenn I'm so excited for you and Aj (; you guys need to make sure to send me a wedding invite that i can send to muka..or else mail him one cause i know he'd love one! (: your venue is beautiful (: my cousin is having her wedding there the end of this month! i can't wait to see your dress pics too! (: do you know who you guys are having be your photographer?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cass! We will definitely send you and muka an invite! :) also we don't have a photographer yet...wedding planning can be so annoying lol all the little details! Do you know of any that aren't to costly?

      Delete
  2. NICE!! so excited for you, ya cute bride to be. =) Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete