Sunday, February 24, 2013

Kicking up a storm!

So we had another ultrasound on Friday. For the past week I thought I had been feeling baby move, but I wasn't sure...until Friday! It was this weird feeling I had been having. It actually felt like getting butterflies when you go on a roller coaster, like a little fluttery feeling except it was lower than in my stomach, around where the baby would be. So I thought that maybe I was feeling the baby moving around, but since I've never had a baby in my tummy before I didn't know if I was really feeling it or if my body was just being funky.

So we went to our appointment and one of the first things the doctor said during the ultrasound was "kicking up a storm in there!" Yes he was! He was moving all around and I actually felt the little fluttery feeling at the same times I could see him moving on the screen and that's when I knew that I was feeling him move around in there. Again it was sooooo cool to see him and so weird too. We got 12 pictures but here's 2 of my favorite.

His little arm and thumb is so cute!

Our baby.

*sidenote-during the ultrasound the doctor showed us babies face and made it so that we could see the eyes and the cornea was outlined...creepiest thing ever, like straight out of a horror movie. I even told her it was creepy and she laughed at me.

At one point the doctor looked down at my stomach and told me, "you hardly look pregnant," which I don't agree with. I've always had a flat stomach so having even this little belly has been hard for me to get used to. I'm 18 weeks pregnant and baby is looking healthy. Aj and I left the appointment happy and in awe again. This is such a special time for both of us and I just want to make sure we remember the little things.

This was Thursday, at the end of 17 weeks. I feel huge (I know I'm not).

5 comments:

  1. yay! Congrats to you and Aj (: those pics are so cute! and uhm, pregnant HOTTIE! AGH...hate u. Lol. (; your belly's cute...and you got some bootylicious-ness going on as well! momma hottie alert! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I agree about the babies looking creepy on the ultrasound! My husband and I thought the same thing! I was like oh my gosh scary! You are tiny but that's good to keep a healthy weight! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh!!!! and u have a fabulous bod for being preggz!! Gosh, I know my "suga" genetics are gonna kick in when I get pregnant one day and I know that on that day I'll be a beached whale :-( bahahaha but I'm glad your being real about the creepy face on ultrasound haha. I agree with Chelsea, I remember seeing my sister's ultrasounds and watching the baby move and thinking about National Geographic! Anyway, congrats to you both!!!! U are a hott mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww you got a good profile pic! remember when you used to complain about your SKIN being belly fat? hahaha and now you got a real belly! so cute!

    ReplyDelete